DOW TTC-(Tub, Tile & Ceramic) DOWSIL™ Silicone Clear
DOWSIL™ Tub, Tile & Ceramic Silicone Sealant
UNRESTRICTED – May be shared with anyone ®™Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) or an affiliated company of Dow DOWSIL™ Tub, Tile & Ceramic Silicone Sealant Page 1 of 4 © 2019 The Dow Chemical Company. All rights reserved. Form No. 62-650-01 D
One-part acetoxy-cure silicone sealant for non-porous substrates
Features & Benefits
• Cures to 100% silicone rubber • Fast cure, high strength • Clear, white, translucent white and almond colors meet the requirements of FDA Regulation No. 21 CFR 177.2600 • Cured sealant is mildew resistant • Remains flexible; will not become brittle, crack, shrink or chalk • Bond to many common kitchen and bath substrates • Supplied in removable, reusable, resealable nozzle that saves time and sealant
• One-part, acetoxy-cure, RTV silicone
• As an adhesive, sealant or grout for repairing or replacing ceramic tiles • Tub and shower enclosures • Forming watertight seals around bathtubs, shower enclosures, sinks, vanities, countertops, lavatories, faucets, saunas, hot tubs, plumbing fixtures, drains, piping, shower doors and floor seams
Typical Properties Specification Writers: These values are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
Test Unit Result Tooling Time1 minutes 5–10 Tack-free Time1 minutes 15–20 Complete Set-up Time, 1/8” hours 24 Cure System Acetoxy Application Temperature Range °F(°C) -20 to 122 (-29 to 50) VOC Content2 g/L 33
1. At 77°F (25°C) and 50% relative humidity. 2. Based on South Coast Air Quality Management District of California. Maximum VOC is listed both inclusive and exclusive of water and exempt compounds.
Test Unit Result As Cured – after 7 days Durometer Hardness Shore A points 27 Tensile Strength psi 325 Elongation percent 600 Temperature Range (Continuous) °F(°C) -40 to 350 (-40 to 176) Movement Capability percent ±25
Description DOWSIL™ Tub, Tile & Ceramic Silicone Sealant is a one-part acetoxy cure silicone sealant for non-porous surface applications requiring a sealant that is mildew-resistant when cured. DOWSIL™ Tub, Tile & Ceramic Silicone Sealant meets the requirements of:
• Not for structural glazing • Not paintable • Not suited for prolonged submersion in water or below-grade applications. Not for aquarium use; product contains a fungicide • May not adhere to oily woods or be compatible with substrates made of methylmethacrylate, polycarbonate, polypropylene, polyethylene, and polytetrafluoroethylene • Not suitable for surfaces that might bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents, or porous surfaces such as cement-like materials, stone or surfaces prone to attack by weak acids • May not cure properly if used in spaces confined from atmospheric moisture • May cause corrosion on some brass, copper, zinc or zinc alloy-containing fixtures • Not for use where abrasion and physical abuse are encountered • This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses